With a spirit of gratitude, Grandma Misra is offering all Misra titles at 20% off. 2012 was a phenomenal year for the label and we are extremely thankful for all Misra artists and supporters.
- February 14: Shearwater’s Winged Life is issued on LP for the first time. The record features songs by SW frontman Jonathan Meiburg and Okkervil River’s Will Sheff. Shearwater then embarks on tours with St. Vincent, Dinosaur Jr. and more.
- February 14: Bears’ Greater Lakes is released. Grandma helped distribute the release and it’s praised by NPR Song of the Day, AP, Cleveland Scene, and many more.
- February 28: Water Liars’ debut Phantom Limb is met with great praise from A.V. Club, Daytrotter, No Depression, VICE, NPR Song of the Day, and more.
- March 15: Misra heads to SXSW 2012 with a showcase featuring R. Ring (The Breeders’ Kelley Deal & Ampline’s Mike Montgomery), Palomar, The Black Swans, Southeast Engine, Seryn, and Water Liars. The event is a wonderful success.
- July 31: The Black Swans’ Occasion for Song is released. It is met with phenomenal praise via Pitchfork, MOJO, Paste, MAGNET, AllMusic, Dusted, and many more. The band heads on tour with WHY? soon after.
- July 31: Southeast Engine’s Canaanville EP is released. Canaanville is a 4-song appendix EP to the band’s widely-hailed Canary album. For a baby release, it is met with great praise from Daytrotter, PopMatters, A.V. Club, and more. The band heads to Pickathon soon after.
- October 31: R. Ring – a new band comprised of The Breeders’ Kelley Deal & Ampline’s Mike Montgomery – release their debut “Fallout & Fire” b/w “SEE” 7″ on Misra. It is met with wild attention from Pitchfork, SPIN, Stereogum, VICE, and many more.
- November 13: Holopaw’s “Golden Sparklers” b/w “Yearling’s Darlings” is released. The 7″ single is the predecessor to Paw’s absolutely breathtaking Academy Songs, Volume I (out January 15, 2013). Pitchfork debuts the A-Side and Under the Radar debuts the B-Side.