Archive for the ‘Bears’ tag
Misra’s Holiday Sale will be wrapping up by year’s end. In celebration of a phenomenal 2012, everything is 20% off over at the Misra store.
- February 14: Shearwater’s Winged Life is issued on LP for the first time. The record features songs by SW frontman Jonathan Meiburg and Okkervil River’s Will Sheff. Shearwater then embarks on tours with St. Vincent, Dinosaur Jr. and more.
- February 14: Bears’ Greater Lakes is released. Grandma helped distribute the release and it’s praised by NPR Song of the Day, AP, Cleveland Scene, and many more.
- February 28: Water Liars’ debut Phantom Limb is met with great praise from A.V. Club, Daytrotter, No Depression, VICE, NPR Song of the Day, and more.
- March 15: Misra heads to SXSW 2012 with a showcase featuring R. Ring (The Breeders’ Kelley Deal & Ampline’s Mike Montgomery), Palomar, The Black Swans, Southeast Engine, Seryn, and Water Liars. The event is a wonderful success.
- July 31: The Black Swans’ Occasion for Song is released. It is met with phenomenal praise viaPitchfork, MOJO, Paste, MAGNET, AllMusic, Dusted, and many more. The band heads on tour with WHY? soon after.
- July 31: Southeast Engine’s Canaanville EP is released. Canaanville is a 4-song appendix EP to the band’s widely-hailed Canary album. For a baby release, it is met with great praise fromDaytrotter, PopMatters, A.V. Club, and more. The band heads to Pickathon soon after.
- October 31: R. Ring – a new band comprised of The Breeders’ Kelley Deal & Ampline’s Mike Montgomery – release their debut “Fallout & Fire” b/w “SEE” 7″ on Misra. It is met with wild attention from Pitchfork, SPIN, Stereogum, VICE, and many more.
- November 13: Holopaw’s “Golden Sparklers” b/w “Yearling’s Darlings” is released. The 7″ single is the predecessor to Paw’s absolutely breathtaking Academy Songs, Volume I (out January 15, 2013). Pitchfork debuts the A-Side and Under the Radar debuts the B-Side.
Children of Pop, a reminder that Bears’ Greater Lakes is available and highly infectious. The band released the album on Valentine’s Day of this year — it was distributed by Misra and our sister label Bloodshot Records. Below are some of the accolades Greater Lakes received. You can purchase the album here.
– NPR Song of the Day
– Alternative Press
– The Fire Note
– Cleveland Scene Magazine
– Das Klienicum (German)
– Miojo Indie (Portuguese)
– The Wounded Jukebox
– 360 Grados de Separación (Spanish)
– One Chord to Another
– Like Sugar
– Tram 7 (Swedish)
– 5 Acts
– The Noise Is
– I Rock Cleveland
– Guteshoerenistwichtig (German)
– Come Pick Me Up
– Captain’s Dead
– Parasites and Sycophants
– Ardent Studios (an interview, of sorts)